FAMILLE ROSE NIPPON ANTIQUE PORCELAIN TABLE LAMP
This Famille Rose Nippon Porcelain Lamp was made in Japan during The Nippon Period and dates approximately 1910.
WHAT IS NIPPON?
The word used in the back stamp of famous Asian china, "Nippon" simply means "Japan". Nippon china was produced for export to the United States beginning in 1865, when the country ended its long period of commercial isolation, and ending in 1921, when the United States enforced the McKinley Tariff act which prohibited the import of items which were not plainly marked, stamped, branded or labeled in legible English words. As Nippon was considered the Japanese word for the country of origin, "Japan" being the English equivalent, the period of the Nippon china mark came to an end. Japan was also called Nihon Koku or Nippon Koku.
Country of Origin: Japan
- 17" (Base To top of Light Socket)
- All table lamps are sold for the value of their bases and not for the value of their shades.
- If shades come with lamps, they are included as complimentary at no extra charge.
- With or without the shades, the lamps are the same price.
- Should a client wish not to take the complimentary shade, lamp prices will NOT be adjusted.
- Pairs of lamps are sold only as a pair and are NOT sold as singles!
Preferably clients are requested to visit our store location for inspection and pick-up of lamps and other lighting.
Condition: Excellent! All enameling is in tact. There is no restoration to the porcelain lamp or hand painting.
Item Number: PFTP000619
SALE PRICE: $550.00
Furniture and Lighting items can only be purchased at our store located at 1646 Queen St West Toronto, Ontario.