ANCHOR HOCKING GLASS CO. VINTAGE FIRE KING MIXING BOWL [SOLD]

ANCHOR HOCKING GLASS CO. VINTAGE FIRE KING GLASS MIXING BOWL 8 1/2" DIAMETER X 5 1/4 DEPTH/HEIGHT, CIRCA 1950-1960



Click Image to Enlarge



This Fabulous Fifties-Sixties Opalescent Milk Glass Bowl was manufactured by The Anchor Hocking Glass Company approximately 1950-1960.

It has four different kitchen utensils on four sides as we rotate the bowl: (1) Rolling Pin, (2) Egg Beater, (3) Salt Shaker and (4) a Measuring Cup

This is one of the more desirable patterns of this Fire King line. After all, it was this pattern on this Kitchen Aid Fire King Bowl that was selected to celebrate the 25th Anniversary (1935-1960) of Spags Department Store that was located in New England. Spags has shut its doors making this pattern all the more special as a collectible pattern.

COMMENT: This Wonderful Funky Mixing Bowl is very reminiscent of the 1950-1960s Period. For a Retro Look, this bowl is ideal with which to decorate!

CONDITION: Excellent!

A BRIEF HISTORY OF ANCHOR HOCKING GLASS COMPANY: The Anchor Hocking Glass Company was begun by Isaac J. Collins and six business partners in 1905, when they bought out the Lancaster Carbon Company, of Lancaster, Ohio. These seven were joined by a richer two partners, namely Mr. Collins who had been working in the decorating department of the Ohio Flint Glass Company who also brought into the company Mr. Good and the company was now in financial good standing and ready for commencement.

In 1924 the company also purchased controlling interest in the Lancaster Glass Company (later called Plant 2) and the Standard Glass Manufacturing Company with plants in Bremen and Canal Winchester, Ohio.

Hocking Glass Company entered the glass container business in 1931 with the purchase of 50% of the General Glass Company, which in turn acquired Turner Glass Company of Winchester, Indiana.

As the company tried to develop over the years and proceeded to purchase other companies, they were devastated by a few factory fires and of course the Great Depression of the 1930s.

The Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation came into existence on December 31, 1937 when the Anchor Cap & Closure Corporation and its subsidiaries merged with the Hocking Glass Company. The Anchor Cap and Closure Corporation had closure plants in Long Island City, New York and Toronto, Canada, and glass container plants in Connellsville, Pennsylvania, Salem and New Jersey.

The word "Fire-King" first appeared on Anchor Hocking Glassware in the early 1940s. Intended as a group of oven-proof lines, "Fire-King" became the most successful of Anchor Hocking's products.

The earliest Fire-King was the Philbe dinnerware line, introduced in 1940. In 1942, this was transformed into the Sapphire Blue oven-ware, which, along with Jadite, became the signature items of the Fire-King line. The oven-ware was attractive, durable, and inexpensive. The dinnerware was bold, attractive, and multi-purpose. Items were multi-functional. A casserole was used to bake, serve, and then store leftovers in the refrigerator. Many pieces were produced that did not have a specific function - like utility trays, bakers, and covered loaf pans. These pieces were marketed in various ways, with the goal being to see each piece as multi-functional.


ITEM NUMBER: PFTP001040
PRICE: $45.00

BUY THIS ITEM

To purchase this item, please make note of the Item Number: PFTP001040 and contact us using our order form or call us at 1-416-535-3883.


Click Image to Enlarge





Featured Products

LEEDSWARE KING GEO. III & IV ANTIQUE ROYALTY CREAMER

LEEDS WARE, QUEENSWARE, CREAMWARE OR PEARLWARE KING GEORGE III & KING GEORGE IV ROYALTY CREAMER,...

Victorian Plate Vintage Silverplate Coffee Pot

Victorian Plate Toronto Ontario Canada Turkish Style Vintage Silverplate Coffee Pot, Circa 1940.

Antique & Vintage Furniture

COUNTRY MAPLE ANTIQUE DRESSER WITH SWIVEL MIRROR [SOLD]

ANTIQUE MAPLE DRESSER

This genuine antique maple dresser with swivel mirror was manufactured during the Edwardian era and...

EMPIRE MID-VICTORIAN CHERRY WOOD ANTIQUE ARM CHAIR [SOLD]

This Mid-Victorian Cherry Wood Arm Chair was manufactured during the latter part of the...

Antique & Vintage Lighting

VINTAGE BRASS TRIPLE LIGHT DESK LAMP [SOLD]

Clean lines and a clip corner square base gives this vintage solid brass desk or table lamp...

SOLID BRASS CANDLESTICK VINTAGE TABLE LAMP [SOLD]

This classic solid brass candlestick style vintage table lamp can easily fit into any decor whether...

© Passionforthepastantiques.com
1646 Queen St. W., Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6R 1B2
Phone:416-535-3883

Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Site Map

By accessing this site, or by using any of its features or services, you confirm your
agreement with and acceptance of the Terms of Service for this web site.